Alright ladies! You’ve heard it before.. it takes 21 days to change a habit right? This week, I decided to write a list of my top 21 fitness tips to incorporate into your daily routine for the hottest, healthiest body you’ve ever had! Now, I realize it’s difficult to implement all 21 new habits simultaneously, so I challenge you to add one new habit per day for 21 days! Here they are:
1. Drink 1 Gallon of water per day minimum
2. Go to bed at a decent hour every day to get 6-8 hours of sleep
3. Do any type of exercise in the morning for 30-60 minutes to get your metabolism going! This can be taking the dog for a walk, a run, weight training circuit, class, or home fitness video!
4. Switch out one junk food item for a yummy healthy one (for example, sub your daily donut for a quest bar, sweet potato or oats with stevia, or sub your high calorie chips for protein chips or seasoned grilled broccoli)
5. Take digestive enzymes with 3 meals per day, and a good MultiVitamin
6. If you have a hard time eating enough, put a timer in your phone to eat. Vice versa, if you over-eat, chug water both before your meals, and in between bites to increase satiety.
7. If you have a hard time eating vegetables, add a salad to one of your meals, or have one scoop of Green Superfood powder daily, and or Juice Plus Supplements by Natrol
8. Eat a healthy breakfast every morning! Some of my favorites are egg whites and oatmeal with stevia, a Gaspari protein shake, cottage cheese with fruit, or sugar free Greek yogurt with fruit
9. Take care of your skin daily by using a good moisturizer with high SPF, and coconut oil or cocoa butter
10. Set a goal to reduce the number of alcoholic beverages or cigarettes daily. Each day, try to have one less drink or one less smoke!
11. Substitute your high sugar milk with unsweetened almond or cashew milk
12. Throw out any unhealthy goodies, spreads or condiments in your pantry, fridge, or freezer that tempt you to over consume! (i.e. cookies, Oreos, mayonnaise, ding dongs, hoho’s, pita chips, glazed nuts, hydrogenated peanut butter)
13. Reduce your eating out to a smaller number per week if you tend to overeat at restaurants, or eat unhealthy (i.e. bring cooked chicken and sweet potato to work instead of going to Subway, or order Fuel Meals if you don’t have time to meal prep!)
14. Cook with Olive oil or coconut oil instead of butter
15. Grill or steam your food instead of using a frying pan
16. Schedule a professional deep tissue massage once every two weeks, or roll out muscle adhesions daily on a lacrosse ball or foam roller
17. Spend 15-30 minutes in the sun daily wearing sunscreen for Vitamin D and a natural mood boost!
18. Learn a new exercise daily from Youtube, Facebook or Instagram, and challenge yourself by doing it at the gym or at home! (i.e. Squats, lunges, plyos, push-ups)
19. Use the buddy system by texting a friend or family member about your workout, and or inviting them to workout with you! This will not only help hold you accountable, but motivate your friends and family!
20. Give yourself 10 positive affirmations daily upon waking, and going to bed (i.e. “I am smart,” “I am beautiful,” “I am independent,” “I am compassionate,” “I love who I am”)
21. Stretch in the morning and or before every workout to prevent your muscles from getting stiff, potentially causing injury, and creating muscle imbalances.
So, did I give you enough to work on? 🙂 I would love to know how your 21 day challenge is going, so message me on Facebook or Instagram and let me know how you’re getting along!! Which were easier than others, or even more challenging? If you’re looking to give yourself a challenge with your glute training, you can download my free glute checklist below. Give it a try!